Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Birth story of Baby Ariselle

On my 38 weeks, gynae said " You have to be induce by next week because you do not have any signs of giving birth. " My husband and I were stunned but at the same time was glad because we're finally getting to see our baby girl! So we chose our date and I'm getting induce on the 10th of October!!!

10.10.2014
Woke up at 5 am, ordered mcdee and bathe before the war starts...
6.40 am - Reached Mount Alvernia Hospital.
Our admission was 7 am by right. Lol. Since we reached abit early so we sat outside the delivery suite and waited awhile... While waiting, my hub and I was so nervous and ended up not talking to each other. Silent moment... LOL
7.05 am - Nurse came and asked to go into the delivery suite and changed to hospital gown.
Lie down and waited for further instructions.  LOLOLOL.

7.20 am - Nurse came in, put on CTG test then my gynae, Dr Lawrence Ang came in too. Checked my dilation, only 1.5 cm don't know if I should laugh or cry. He told me, by 3 or 4 pm plus I've to be dilated around 4 cm then it will be good, if not I've to reconsider getting a c section.. Made me so worry!! It's not in my birth plan at all please! Next was to insert the pill and broke my water bag, it doesn't hurt though. Not as scary as what other people said. And then getting the enema, injecting a liquid thing into your butt hole in order for you to poo. Lol super shiok.

8 am to 10.45 am - Contractions getting stronger, still managable... But very constant though. Was getting so sore and achy on the lower back until I couldn't tolerate so I asked for laughing gas. All I felt was only drowsy and my whole face went numb, but I still can feel the pain and soreness ok!!! Useless thing. Anyway I felt a gush of water flows out when my contraction kicked in... That's when I know "ahhh is that my water bag?" It felts like I've urinated on the bed. Hahahaha. Feels so weird.

11 am to 12 pm - I cannot tolerate anymore, was crying badly so epidural came to my rescue!!! Lol!!! After feeling a electric shock on the butt, immediately I felt calm and peaceful and of course, numbness on the leg. I'm still at 1.5cm though... Super slow right... So they decided to have me drip instead to get my contractions stronger. And I kept telling baby girl pls be good and faster come out. All I know was I kept nagging and nagging. LOL even my husband also don't want to bother me already.


3.45 pm - Woke up by the nurse, came to check on me because she had to update on my progression to my gynae. Checked, 4 cm!!! I was so glad!!! Baby girl did listened to me!!!
Went back to sleep again....

5 pm - I felt like the epidural getting useless to me because it's getting achy on my lower back.. So I called the nurse... Guessed what, I've opened to 8 cm already!! It happened so quickly, I requested to increase the dosage of epidural but 15 mins later, it's still not working!
The achy became stronger and stronger, and I have the urge to push like passing motion. I called the nurse, she said " you're not ready to push yet!! Hold on... I will go and call your gynae "

5.25 pm - I really cannot tolerate not to push anymore, so the nurse told me that I can push anytime now because she saw alot of hair already. Lol, Saw her preparing the equipments, and I know it's anytime soon baby girl is coming out but my gynae is nowhere to be found or seen!
And yeah, when I felt baby girl's head was at my vagina,  just nice my gynae sat down wearing his gown slowly preparing while I was pushing. Just nice huh, the timing...

After pushing diligently, the next thing I heard was crying!!! Baby girl is out!!! I did it!!! Okay nth can described what I felt that day. Only mommies know! By the way, I didn't cried when she's out instead my husband teared. He knows my pain now... Dr Ang did my stitches while I was seeing the nurse clearing up for my baby. I just went blank but I was conscious though... lol. I was super exhausted after all the pushing.

Now I knew what's the laboring like, and really have to thumbs up for all the mommies out there, in any case whether natural birth or cesarean,  have managed all the ups and downs. Kudos to us!!!
Okay.. Time to squeeze some milk. The engorgement is super painful please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment